Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!

First of all, let me tell you: This was my first Mother's Day (as a mother!) and I have never appreciated all the hard work my mother(s) have put in over the years as much as I do this year!

That being said, I never understood the depth of joy to be found in motherhood, either! :)



On this Mother's Day, my husband outdid himself. My request was not to cook any food on Sunday, and since we usually have frozen pizza for Sunday lunch I was thinking..."How 'bout you stick it in the oven and wash the pan for me?" But Jonathan and I were thinking on very different levels.

Sunday morning we woke up to the fantastic aroma of barbecued beef in the crock pot! He still won't tell me his recipe, but it was amazing. He also cooked up some homemade french fries to go along with it. YUM.


At church, all the kids gathered around their mother and passed a mic around, telling us what they appreciated about their moms. I think the general consensus was that we're all glad our mothers never poisoned us with their food. ;) I'm pretty sure Ethan cooed a 'Happy Mother's Day' to me too. :D

After church and lunch, we hopped on our four-wheeler (yippee!) and made a quick drive down to Tanalian River to enjoy the lovely weather.


Of course we also called home later to wish our own fantastic mothers a very happy day as well. :)


To end the day, Jonathan submitted himself to a (rather cheesy) chick flick of my choice. :)

I'm pretty sure he can't top this day for my birthday...but since it will be a workday anyway, this fantabulous day counts toward that too. *wink*

2 comments:

  1. The pictures are all WONDERFUL!!!! You all look great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pics! :) So sweet to see a pic of the the three of you. :) Your son is sooooo cute! :)
    And a happy mothers day my sweet friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete