Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Day 1 - Alaska Bound!

Day One of Ten - accomplished!

We feel very relieved to have this first long day behind us. Leaving this morning, we were really nervous about how the truck and trailer would perform with a large load over such a long distance. Today, we drove 826 miles - from Newnan, Georgia to Kansas City, Missouri - without incident, so we're allowing ourselves to breathe a small sigh of relief.

Today I, Jenna, broke my record of the furthest west I have ever travelled, when we crossed the Mississippi River! I was pretty excited about that, and I'm looking forward to seeing a lot more of the West over the next 9 days.


We passed through 5 states today, out of a total of eleven that we will enter during this trip. Tomorrow we drive from Kansas City to Ogallala, Nebraska. The forecast says there will be snow tomorrow so we appreciate your continued prayers for safety as we drive!

1 comment: