Wednesday, February 5, 2014

It's Time!

(No, no…I'm not in labor yet. But it's finally sinking in that any day between now and a month from now, we will at last be able to meet our precious little boy!)

Yesterday, Jonathan and I caught our flight into Anchorage and settled into the room we will be calling home for the next few weeks.

It felt a little strange leaving our little blue house knowing that the next time I walk through that door I'll be holding our baby in my arms; there will be a tiny person to sleep in that gigantic crib and those little socks will be covering bitty feet.

I can't wait.

A lot of friends have been curious about how this moving-into-Anchorage works, as in, where will you stay? and where will Jonathan work?

We're staying at the Hickle House - something like a hotel that the hospital owns and keeps for longer-term patients and their families. It's a wonderful solution for us; the Hickle House is steps away from the hospital and my doctor's office is right across the street. It even has a community kitchen that we can use to cook our meals.

Jonathan will be working for Lake Clark Air here in town, doing any maintenance that comes in and working as ground crew in his spare time. It is such a blessing to be with a company that not only understands the unique situations that arise from living in remote Alaska, but is also willing to help us work through them!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how God provides for ALL of our needs exactly when we need them? We serve a awesome God!!! :D
    Praying for you and Baby Boy!!!!!!!!!!! :) Love ya Jenna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is soo sweet! I have his present..I will probably ship it...I am very excited for you guys! -
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete