Thursday, May 2, 2013

Day 3 - Alaska Bound!


Today we began our day feeling like it was the middle of January instead of the beginning of May.

This is what we woke up to.





Look what we did to our poor truck and trailer on that dirt road.  




 


Part of our trek today followed a piece of the Oregon Trail and took us right by Chimney Rock. Honestly, at first I thought it was rather unimpressive compared to Stone Mountain or other famous landmarks I've seen. As a physical landmark, it really isn't that noticeable, but when I paused to think about the pioneers who have passed here before us and the enormous amount of courage and grit it took to do what they did, when I realized that, here we are, with all of our belongings packed up, heading to a place we've only been told about, following in their footsteps, this place became much more significant to me. :)



Mountains!
 Mountains!!

Near the end of our trip today in Wyoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment