Friday, July 19, 2013

Home

I think we shocked a lot of friends before we left when they asked about our housing in Port Alsworth and we told them that our apartment would be 200-square-feet. We measured it out a few times and honestly were a little apprehensive ourselves about how we would fit into such a small space.

Thankfully, when we arrived we found our home to be at least a little bigger than our expectations! Here are some pictures for you!

Super-excited to get our stuff!

Hmm, where will all this go?
Not a dining room but at least there's "room for dining"!



The back of our little apartment building. Our door is the farthest to the left.


Another view of our building from the hill behind it.
All moved in - What our home looks like now (minus the dirty dishes...)

We moved the table to the other side of the room (by the bedroom) and it makes a lot more room in here!

  

There is very little storage in our little space so we make use of every spare inch we can. The cabinet on the upper left holds food (as does above the cabinet and by the microwave) and the one on the right holds our dishes, silverware and cups.
There is absolutely no storage in the bathroom (incidentally there isn't even room for a sink in there), so under the kitchen sink keeps everything from the first-aid kit to trash bags.
Any room left for pots? Yep! They're in the mostly-hidden one behind the frig.
The bathroom door is just to the right of the sink

 
This panoramic makes our apartment look a lot bigger than it is!

 All of the flooring is new, tile and carpet, for which I am very grateful as I keep hearing how horrid they were before. :D We also have a new water source, which is a blessing since I've heard that it turned the old shower and toilet orange and I've seen its effects on the inside of the washing machine.



 Elizabeth helped me hang the Malagasy tablecloth (from my SIL) over the shelf and I arranged our pictures on it. Looking much better! Can't wait until our wedding pictures get here and I can put some of those up!

Our front door and Jonathan's "baby" over the window ;P

I love my laundry hamper from the Panlilio family! I'm trying-to-patiently wait for a bedframe that will get our mattress far enough off the floor to safely use our be-a-u-ti-ful bedspread from my aunt and uncle. Until then, our blankets from Micah and Holly are keeping us warm.


 

And finally, our bathroom! Ta-da!

 And there you have it! Not a very lengthy tour, but this is "home sweet home"!



1 comment:

  1. It looks like you have settled in well. It is so much fun setting up a new space!
    I especially like the picture shelf.
    I also have the laundry sorter and love it. :) Enjoy your space sweetie.

    ReplyDelete