Thursday, September 5, 2013

(No Title)

I spend lots of time marveling at (read: attempting to process) all that has happened in the past year and especially in the last few months. Our lives are so very different that it often feels like we're living in a foreign country already! Looking at past pictures from home sometimes makes me feel like I'm staring at different people in a different world. I won't lie. It's difficult. But I am clinging to the hope and certain knowledge that this is exactly where God wants us, that He is with us in every moment, and that...
 "There are far, far better things ahead than anything we leave behind (C.S.Lewis)".

In other news, it's been a while since I posted any pictures, mostly because I've been working too much to get out and take any. :) But the other night Jonathan got off early enough for us to take a walk after dinner and look what we spotted! (Unfortunately I hadn't brought my telephoto lens.)


Someone was asking for more pictures of "around town". This request stumped me a little bit. Besides the mountains and the lake, there's not much to be seen except airplanes, hangars and houses. :) Here's my attempt:

This is the (W)rec building. ;) They're in the process of giving it a winter coat of insulation and turning the storage rooms into a new apartment. This means lots of banging in our building. :)

Among the other improvements to the building, our porch was torn down and a new, insulated entryway was added. I briefly considered sticking a couch in it and calling it a living room, but decided it would be too cold. (jk) Still a very exciting addition!



The Farmhouse has a garden to be envied.
 
 Look at those beautiful rows!


Here is the field Jonathan plays Ultimate Frisbee on. Not a bad view, is it?

 And finally! This is where I spend 2 mornings and three afternoons a week. A lot of action happens in that tiny corner!!

My view.  :)

1 comment: